It’s time for your weekly pregnancy update!
I should have posted this last week, as I hit Week 4 last Friday March 10th. So, I’m a tad behind, but getting caught up here. This upcoming Friday, I’ll post my Week 5 update, then every Friday thereafter, a Weekly Baby Update will be published.
* * * * * * * *
Week 4 was when it was confirmed that I am pregnant!
At 4 weeks today, Baby Musing, is about the size of a poppy seed.
By this point, he/she Implanted snugly in the rich lining of your delicious uterus. This made making that unbreakable connection to me that’ll last the next eight months (and a lifetime after that).
HERE’S WHAT ELSE BABY HAS BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK:
• When the little ball of cells settled into my uterus, it underwent the great divide, splitting into two groups. Half of what’s now called the embryo will become our son or daughter, while the other half forms the placenta, our baby’s lifeline — which channels nutrients and carries waste away until delivery.
• Our little embryo is busy setting up house. While the amniotic sac forms around it, so does the yolk sac, which will later be incorporated into our baby’s developing digestive tract.
• The embryo now has three distinct layers of cells that will grow into specialized parts of your baby’s body. The inner layer, known as the endoderm, will develop into our baby’s digestive system, liver and lungs. The middle layer, called the mesoderm, will soon be your baby’s heart, sex organs, bones, kidneys and muscles. And the outer layer, or ectoderm, will eventually form your baby’s nervous system, hair, skin and eyes.
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
I have no idea. I’m not weighing myself. I’ll leave that up to my doctor (ob/gyn) when I have my check-ups. However, visually, I’ve put on a bit more flesh around my middle, which is fine with me. More energy for the baby!
A solid Hike each morning. Going on a daily walk mid-day.
• My boobs are really tender and sore. Nipples tingle at times.
• I’m peeing a LOT! Frequent dashes to the bathroom to pee.
• Bloated. BIG time.
• Constipated (Although it has gotten a teeny bit better, thanks to my daily intake of good ol’ Miralax. Yes, I feel like I’m about 60, thankyouverymuch. :-)
• Slight fatigue. I take an afternoon nap.
• Slight low-grade headaches.
• Night Sweats. I wake up drenched in sweat!
• Fortunately, I don’t yet have morning sickness, but I’m finding myself more hungry, especially in the morning.
Green Bell peppers. Jalapenos. Really strong spices like cumin, chili powder, cayenne.
Pickles, ice-cream, nuts, bagels with PB & Jelly, muffins, Greek yogurt, cereal, sweet/savory things
I’ve been sleeping pretty well, despite multiple trips to the restroom and sweating.
Fun & Weird Stuff From the Week?
I had my pregnancy confirmed at the fertility clinic. I also bought the neat crafty things I’m going to use for my “Pregnancy Reveal” for our families!
Looking Forward To…
Developing a baby bump! Honestly, I want to have that little round belly that gives pregnant women away!
Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases?
I bought 3 pregnancy books this past week and 1 pair of newborn tennis shoes (these were needed for the Pregnancy Reveal).
Nope. I need to buy some belly butter soon…before that starts!
Belly Button In Or Out?
I have an “innie-outie.” Seriously, mine is half in, half out. It will be interesting to see if it “pops” out.
Happy or Moody Most Of The Time?
Very, very happy! I just feel an overwhelming sense of joy and gratitude that God blessed us with me getting pregnant.
No. Not yet. I think I have several weeks to go before I feel movement. However, that is something I’m looking forward to!
* * * * * * * * *